The Alaska Department of Administration Division of Motor Vehicles oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized vanity license plates.You can determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online Personalized license plates can be ordered online and take up to 12 weeks for delivery. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner.
- Types of Vehicles: The Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles allows personalized vanity license plates on motor vehicles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Alaska ranges from $30 to $100 plus the cost of regular Alaska renewal fees.
- Number of Characters: In Alaska, they allow 2 to 6 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Numbers 0 to 9 and Spaces.
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Alaska cannot use the following:
- Ham radio call signs
- Special symbols such as -, #, %, &, etc.
- Duplicates of active personalized plates
- Ethnic, racial, vulgar, or indecent connotations.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the Alaska Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Arizona vanity license plate, follow these steps:
- Visit the Alaska Personalized Plate Website to see if your personalized message is available and then follow the instructions to order online OR
- Complete a Personalized Alaska License Plate Application form. Submit your application and fees by mail to:
STATE OF ALASKA
DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
ANCHORAGE, AK 99503-3600
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Alaska, visit the Alaska Personalized Plates website, go to any Alaska DMV office or call 1-855-269-5551.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.