The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Arkansas allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Arkansas can be ordered online and take up to 4 to 8 weeks for processing and delivery. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Arkansas vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Arkansas is $25 in addition to the regular renewal fee of $25. Requests for personalized plates are ordered every Friday and delivered to the Personalized Plates Office in Little Rock. Once your plate is approved, you will receive a notification letter at the billing or mailing address. The plate can be obtained in person or mailed to you. For more information, visit the Arkansas Personalized License Plate Online Application FAQ.
- Number of Characters: In Arkansas, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Arkansas are subject to approval by the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration. The website also states that the following are not allowed:
- Any combination of letters or numerals that conflict with the numbering system adopted by the Motor Vehicle Division, Department of Revenue.
- The use of a period (.) plus sign (+) or any other characters other than those appearing above.
- Duplication of license plate.
- Vulgar or profane words or words suggestive, offensive, or not in good taste.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the Arkansas Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Arkansas personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Arkansas, visit the Arkansas Personalized Plates website, go to any Arkansas DMV office or call the Department of Finance and Administration helpdesk at 1-888-389-8336.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.