The Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Arizona allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Arizona can be ordered online and take up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner.
- Types of Vehicles: The Arizona Department of Transportation allows personalized license plates on all motor vehicles. Some plates may not be issued to commercial vehicles with a declared gross vehicle weight of 26,001 lbs or more.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Arizona is $50 initially and $50 for renewals.
- Number of Characters: In Arizona, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z and Numbers 0 to 9 . All text on the plate will be automatically centered.
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Arizona are subject to approval by the Arizona Department of Transportation and they may refuse to issue or may suspend any plat that suggests a meaning that is offensive, misleading or that duplicates any existing plate or plate series. For a specific list of requirements, visit the Arizona Personalized Plate Requirements Page.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the Arizona Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Arizona vanity license plate, follow these steps:
Mail Drop 801Z
Special Plates Unit
Motor Vehicles Division
PO Box 2100
Phoenix, AZ 85001-2100
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Arizona, visit the Arizona Personalized Plates website, go to any Arizona DMV office or call 602-255-0072.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.