The Maryland Department of Transportation – Motor Vehicle Administration oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Maryland does not allow you to look up your personalized plate online. Personalized license plates in Maryland can be ordered online through the MVA website and take 2-3 weeks for processing and delivery. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Maryland vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The a title=”Maryland Motor Vehicle Registration” href=”http://www.mva.maryland.gov/About-MVA/INFO/27300/27300-29T.htm” target=”_blank”>Maryland Motor Vehicle Registration allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Maryland is $50 in addition to the regular renewal fee. For more information, visit the Maryland Personalized License Plate Application FAQ.
- Number of Characters: In Maryland, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Maryland are subject to approval by the Maryland Department of Transportation – Motor Vehicle Administration. The website also states that the following are not allowed:
- Objectionable license plates.
- Duplication of license plate.
- Is My Plate Available?: Maryland does not allow you to look your plate up online.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Maryland personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Maryland, visit the Maryland Personalized Plates website, go to any Maryland Full Service Branch Office or call 410-768-7000.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.