The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Ohio allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Ohio can be ordered online and take up to 4 to 8 weeks for processing and delivery. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Ohio vehicle at the time of issuance.[/box][/one_half]
- Types of Vehicles: The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Ohio is $50 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In Ohio, they allow a maximum of 7 characters (minimum of 4) on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Ohio are subject to approval by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the Ohio Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Ohio personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Ohio, visit the Ohio Personalized Plates website, go to any Ohio DMV office or call the Department of Finance and Administration helpdesk at (614) 752-7500.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering