The New Hampshire Department of Safety – Division of Motor Vehicles oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. New Hampshire allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in New Hampshire can be ordered by mail, fax or in person. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an New Hampshire vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The New Hampshire Department of Safety – Division of Motor Vehicles allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans, Commercial Vehicles, Trailers and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in New Hampshire is $40 (plus $4.00 reflectorized plate fee per plate ($8.00 for a set)) in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In New Hampshire, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate (fewer for motorcycles and specialized plates). You can use any combination of letters A – Z, numbers 1-9, and the characters – + &. All zeroes will be automatically converted to the letter O and all spaces will be removed.
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in New Hampshire are subject to approval by the New Hampshire Department of Safety – Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the New Hampshire Personalized License Plate Availability Search.
- How to Order: To order your personalized New Hampshire personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Visit the New Hampshire Personalized License Plate Availability Search to see if your personalized message is available THEN
- Complete a Personalized New Hampshire License Plate Application form. Submit your application and fees by mail to:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in New Hampshire, visit the New Hampshire Personalized Plates website, go to any New Hampshire DMV office or call 603-227-4030.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering