The Utah State Tax Commission – Motor Vehicle Division oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Utah does not allow you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Utah can be ordered online using this form or through the Utah Motor Vehicle Portal. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Utah vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The Utah State Tax Commission – Motor Vehicle Division allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Utah is $58 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In Utah, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Utah are subject to approval by the Utah State Tax Commission – Motor Vehicle Division. The website also states that the following are not allowed:
- Are vulgar, derogatory, profane, or obscene.
- Make reference to drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Make reference to sexual acts, genitalia, or bodily functions.
- Express contempt, ridicule or superiority of a race, religion, deity, ethnic heritage, gender, or political affiliation.
- Is My Plate Available?: You are unable to look your personal message up online in Utah.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Utah personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Utah, visit the Utah Personalized Plates website, go to any Utah DMV office or call 800-368-8824.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.