The Tennessee Department of Revenue oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Tennessee does not allow you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Tennessee can be ordered using this form. The application will be processed, if approved, and the personalized plate will be sent to your local Tennessee county clerk’s office. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Tennessee vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The Tennessee Department of Revenue allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Tennessee is $35 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In Tennessee, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Tennessee are subject to approval by the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- Is My Plate Available?: At this time, you cannot look your preferred license plate up online.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Tennessee personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Tennessee, visit the Tennessee Personalized Plates website or call (888) 871-3171.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering