The Wisconsin Department of Transportation oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. Wisconsin allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in Wisconsin can be ordered using this form. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an Wisconsin vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The Wisconsin Department of Transportation allows personalized license plates on Autos, Trucks, Motor Homes, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Wisconsin is $15 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In Wisconsin, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in Wisconsin are subject to approval by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the Wisconsin Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized Wisconsin personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in Wisconsin, visit the Wisconsin Personalized Plates website, go to any Wisconsin DMV office or call (608) 266-3041.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering.