The North Dakota Department of Transportation oversees the distribution and issuance of personalized and customized vanity license plates. North Dakota allows you to determine if your specific lettering on the license plate is available online. Personalized license plates in North Dakota must be ordered via mail using this form. License plates can only be ordered by a registered owner and the plate you order must be registered to an North Dakota vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Types of Vehicles: The North Dakota Department of Transportation allows personalized license plates on Autos, Pickups, Vans and Motorcycles.
- Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in North Dakota is $25 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
- Number of Characters: In North Dakota, they allow a maximum of 7 characters on your Personalized Plate. You can use any combination of Letters A to Z, Spaces and Numbers 0 to 9 .
- Limitations: Personalized vanity license plates in North Dakota are subject to approval by the North Dakota Department of Transportation.
- Is My Plate Available?: Yes – you can look your preferred license plate up online! Visit the North Dakota Personalized Plate Website.
- How to Order: To order your personalized North Dakota personalized license plate, follow these steps:
- Visit the North Dakota Personalized Plate Website to see if your personalized message is available THEN
- Complete a Personalized North Dakota License Plate Application form. Submit your application and fees by mail to:
- Additional Information: For more information on obtaining a personalized vanity license plate in North Dakota, visit the North Dakota Personalized Plates website, go to any North Dakota DMV office or call 1-701-328-2725.
This Site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with any governmental organization. This Site contains general information with respect to personalized license plates at the department of motor vehicles in various states. It is for informational and educational purposes only. You should check with the specific state that your motor vehicle is registered in before ordering